Designed Michelotti and built by the Swiss coachbuilder. In 1957 the car was presented at Geneva with tail-fins and rear-wheel spats. The car was re-presented in 1958 minus the tail-fins and with full rear-wheel arches. Some believe there were two Ghia-Aigle/Michelotti Corvettes but as only one car is known to exist (it was discovered in Portugal and subsequently restored) it seems most likely that the coachbuilder modified the original car for the 1958 version.
This prototype combines a 1954 Corvette chassis and powertrain with aluminum body work constructed by Ghia Aigle of Switserland, an affilate of Italy’s famous Ghia coachworks. Built for the 1957 Geneva auto show, the custom interior is stitched in black leather and features a Ferrari-like style wood-faced dashboard and matching wood-rim steering wheel. Road wheels are period Borrani wires. The car was recently discovered in Portugal, where it had been stored with only 3800km (about 2350 miles) on it’s odometer.