2019 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Drivers Series
For only the second time in Chevrolet history, a Corvette is now available in a Drivers Series special edition. Actually, there’s four, all Grand Sports designed in collaboration with Corvette Racing team drivers Milner, Gavin, Magnussen and Garcia. The idea came from Chevrolet exterior design manager Kirk Bennion, a racing fan who was also at the Rolex 24, according to Corvette Marketing Manager Todd Christensen.
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport gets not one but four Drivers Series special editions. Each car has been designed with inputs from a Corvette Racing driver. Corvette Racing drivers Tommy Milner, Oliver Gavin, Jan Magnussen, and Antonio Garcia teamed up with the design team at Chevrolet to create a range of special edition Corvettes. Titled the Corvette Grand Sport Drivers Series, each of these packages come with its own unique color scheme and graphics. They can be picked and applied on the Grand Sport 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims while ordering.
Revealed ahead of the Rolex 24 at Daytona, 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Drivers Series special edition range focuses purely on visual enhancements and it’s a bit of a bummer that the manufacturer chose to keep everything else standard. In short, these Vettes won’t go any faster or quicker than the regular 2019 Corvette Grand Sport powered by the same 460 hp 6.2-liter LT1 V8 engine.
The Tommy Milner Edition
Finished in Elkhart Lake Blue, this one features silver stripes and red hash marks on the front fenders. The interior gets red seat belts which stand out in a sea of Jet Black trim.
The Oliver Gavin Edition
Shadow Gray takes charge as the exterior color with a Torch Red center stripe, red hash marks, and Carbon Flash mirrors breaking the monotony. Inside, red seat belts blend in with the Adrenaline Red upholstery.
Jan Magnusson Edition
Arctic White paint job with Crystal Red stripes and gray hash marks wrap up the exterior. Jet Black interior with red seat belts welcome the occupants.
Antonio Garcia Edition
Comes in Corvette Racing Yellow exterior color. A “Jake” stinger stripe, Carbon Flash mirrors, and red hash marks add to the appeal. Interior is finished in Jet Black and features red seat belts.
Original Press Release
DAYTONA, Fla. — Chevrolet today introduced the 2019 Corvette Drivers Series special edition Grand Sport models designed in collaboration with the Corvette Racing team.
Each of the four versions has a specific exterior color and unique graphics package inspired by Corvette Racing drivers Tommy Milner, Oliver Gavin, Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia.
“The Corvette Drivers Series celebrates Corvette Racing’s winning legacy, which is driven by a world-class team of drivers from around the globe,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. “Each driver worked with Chevrolet designers on the graphics for their respective edition, giving the cars distinctly personalized appearances.”
Offered on Grand Sport 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims, the color and graphics packages for the vehicles include:
- Tommy Milner Edition: Elkhart Lake Blue exterior with silver stripes and red hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black Suede interior (leather seats on 1LT) with red seat belts.
- Oliver Gavin Edition: Shadow Gray exterior with Torch Red center stripe and Torch Red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe, red brake calipers. Adrenaline Red interior with red seat belts.
- Jan Magnussen Edition: Arctic White exterior with Crystal Red stripes and gray hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior with red seat belts; red stitching on 3LT trim.
- Antonio Garcia Edition: Racing Yellow exterior with “Jake” stinger stripe, red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior; yellow stitching on 3LT trim.
Each edition receives a driver-specific interior plaque and other unique trim details, and models with the 3LT trim include carbon fiber interior trim.
“Customers can select the version of their favorite Corvette Racing driver or simply choose the one with the color and graphics that appeals the most to them,” said Majoros. “And like the drivers they represent, each special edition is a winner.”
Similar to the Corvette Racing C7.R race cars, the Grand Sport-based Drivers Series models feature a naturally aspirated V-8 engine. The 6.2L LT1 engine is rated at 460 horsepower (343 kW), and also like the race cars features a dry-sump oiling system designed to support high-performance track driving.
- Wide fenders and rear quarter panels that accommodate large 19×10-inch front and 20×12-inch rear wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat summer-only tires1.
- Functional brake ducts and enhanced cooling package.
- Brembo brake system with 14.6-inch (370 mm) rotors and six-piston calipers in front and 14.4-inch (365 mm) rotors and four-piston calipers in the rear.
- Magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs.
- Electronic limited-slip differential.
- Five-position Driver Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to fit the driver’s environment.
- Available Z07 package adds larger carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-only tires1.
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel.
- Front Curb View Camera2 on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Head-up display included on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Heated and ventilated leather-appointed seats on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Leather-wrapped interior with suede upper interior trim included on 3LT.
The Corvette Drivers Series packages are available this spring and have an additional MSRP of $4,995 for 1LT and 2LT trims and $5,995 for the 3LT trim.
FAST FACT: Since 1999, Corvette Racing has won 99 races in IMSA competition. That’s the most of any professional sports car racing team based in North America.